Tuesday 15 December 2009

Blueprints

Hi, folks!
Now that my head modelling is doing pretty good I have moved on to working on the body.
these are the blueprints i've made for my character (the side view is a little off but I should be able to work around it without too much trouble):

the design has been bulked up a little compared to the original concept, this is so the model will fit the Unreal 3 skeleton when it comes to getting the character animated and in game. But I think he looks a lot cooler this way too. Skinny isn't too threatening unless your name is Baal ;)

Let the modelling commence!


I hope to start getting some nice Photoshop work done along side the modelling also. Should give me chance to get used to using a graphics tablet, which I REALLY need to do.
will need to get some more sketching done first but there's plenty of time over the christmas break.

ta'ta!
B.

3 comments:

Jake Two said...

I really like your blue prints Bob. I know you don't like the whole using of pencils but you have created a really nice character design. Almost as good as mine........chortle. I can't wait to see the outcome. Make sure you get it modelled quick so I can shot you in Unreal when we get back. Man Love

Anonymous said...

This guy is going to look boss. Good work on the blueprints. Don't be adding any detail though, just get it blocked out. YE HEAR?!

Rob said...

Thank you for the kind words :) I was worrying like hell over this module, like I do at the start of every module, I just draw a blank and worry I'm not gonna come up with anything original. I know he's very Quake Looking but I think once I have a good colour scheme going it should fix that. And nothing is final yet either ;)
I love your designs too! Everyone has cool shit going! BRAVO! CANADIAN?!?!